take the first tangible step to bring your intention to form
Aces are offerings or opportunities of the highest potential of the suit + Pentacles deal with the physical domain of earth, and how we as spiritual beings navigate the material world.
And so the Ace of Pentacles, Disks, or Coins is the potential or foundation for manifesting in the earthly realm. It asks us to get out of our head and implement that desire, dream, idea; take the first step to give it concrete expression. (This is the Ace that brings the others to tangible form.). This journey will likely take time and require tending, like the seed we plant in the soil of our garden and nurture.
In resistance, we’re stuck. We just can’t move beyond our thoughts and dreams. What holds us back from taking the first step toward manifesting? Perhaps we doubt our ability to manifest.
In excess, is there an overemphasis on the material or physical, of security, or some other aspect of earth?
Questions that we may be prompted to ask when this card comes up include:
- What seeds are you planting?
- What prevents you from pursuing your soul’s work?
- Do you feel secure? Is there a part of you that does not?
- How is your health? Do you get the physical exercise and nutrition that your body needs? How is your relationship with food?
- Do you have a need for more time connecting with nature?
But of course that’s just a beginning. How do you see this card? How has it come up for you? What is your favorite depiction of the Ace of Pentacles, and how are its shadow aspects portrayed?