move forward with confidence and clarity
Like moving from darkness to dawn, the unknown depths of The Moon give way to the illumination of The Sun, and we have insight and clarity as what was occluded is now in the light. Eureka! We have come to know our weak points, and acceptance of our whole self has brought confidence with the awareness that the only thing holding us back is us. This clarity may prompt us to revitalize something that has always been with us but never expressed, but we now have the inner fortitude to stand up and take center stage (without the need to; others can shine, too). There is a warmth and a joy that comes with this card, and a sense that we’re not shedding or leaving anything, but growing. Things are brighter and we’re energized with the optimism and enthusiasm of a child.
(-) In resistance, we turn away from the light, failing to see the gold. We are insecure, avoiding recognition and unable to accept success. Physically, we may think of Seasonal Affective Disorder as one expression of a lack of Sun energy.
(+) In excess, it’s all play without any responsibilities. A childish state of vanity and self-centeredness demands that we are the only one shining, with everything revolving around us. The Sun card in excess is all ego, where we feel the need to prove ourselves by being the largest presence in the room.
Questions we may be prompted to ask when this card appears include
- Do you tend to be more of a wallflower, avoiding attention? What parts protect you by keeping you in the background?
- Or do you always seek the light, dominating the conversation and attracting attention? What need does that fill (or hide?)
- Are you avoiding responsibility, having a party of fun & games without expecting the cleanup?
- Where is your happy place?
- What is your superpower and why are you hiding it from the world?
What else? The archetypes of the majors are complex and you may have other insights. How has this card come up for you? What are some examples of this card’s energies?