ask for assistance
Five shakes us out of four’s stability and asks us to confront + Pentacles represent navigating the material realm.
And so the centered position of the Five of Pentacles presents a challenge in the material world — of health, of home, of finances, of our spiritual path. The security we felt in the four is gone and this uncertainty is a reminder to not be afraid to ask for assistance or sanctuary when we need it. You can’t have it if you can’t ask for it.
It may also convey a sense of being outcast or unwelcomed, and we may note that there are often comrades shown, signifying the aid of another — perhaps in a caretaking role. Inherent in many depictions of this card is that true refuge is spiritual, not material, and we may consider those in need of asylum. Social injustices and inequalities must be confronted, and this card may point to that work.
In resistance, we simply refuse to ask for assistance or connect with our higher source of power or path.
In excess, we identify with poverty or lack mentality (e.g., ‘the starving artist’). This card is a reminder to change the unconscious programming of viewing life through the lens of lack. Expecting it begets it.
Questions to consider when this card comes up may include
- How are your needs being met? Are you lacking in some area and what can you do to secure it?
- Is there a resource you may be overlooking even though it’s right under your nose — or are too proud to approach?
- Is there someone who needs your help? Are you in a caretaking role, or see yourself as always taking that on?
- Are you in search of a spiritual community?
- Do you hesitate to ask for what you want or need? Why?
- Do you identify with lack mentality? What parts drive that thinking?
What else? There are different aspects of this card, and you may have a different perspective. How has it come up for you? Feel free to share your insights.
One thought on “5 of Pentacles”
You covered it pretty well. 😎
LikeLiked by 1 person