stand firm against adversaries
Seven is a place of internal work around an external situation; we aren’t in motion but are in the midst of activity around us + Wands represent the fiery realm of will and how we use our energy, but also identity
And so the centered aspect of the Seven of Wands indicates holding our own against adversaries. In the Six of Wands we were victorious, and must now defend our spot. Sometimes, we just need to stick up for ourselves (no pun intended). Your aspirations are worth fighting for. With Wands as creativity and passions, are the staves shown representative of encroaching projects or distractions that throw you off course of your focus? What are you devoting your energy to?
In resistance, we see resignation, timidity. We may feel overpowered.
In excess, we must ask if we’re being overly defensive when openness is called for. Is it time to let our guard down? Is there room on the hill for others?
Questions we may be prompted to ask when this card comes up include
- Is there something you’re resisting?
- Do you feel you’re being backed into a corner?
- Do you need to be more assertive in the matter?
- Are you being hyper vigilant?Are there wounded parts to be tended around that?
- Do you tend to get overdefensive? What prompts that? What protective parts are involved?
- Is something draining your energy?
What else? This card can indicate various areas of our inner fire, and this only touches the surface. You may have other insights. How has this card come up for you? Feel free to share.