consider what you wish for and nourish that dream
Nine prompts reflection before emerging to culmination + Cups represents our inner world of emotions and dreams
And so, in the centered aspect of the Nine of Cups, we realize a sense of self and are satisfied with what we’ve attained. Traditionally known as the “wish card” in predictive reading because it indicates desires fulfilled, it invites us to consider what we wish for and to build intention, nourishing our dream toward fulfillment. There is an inherent reminder in this card to be careful what you wish for.
In resistance, we don’t believe that we’ll get what we want, or we feel undeserving. Do we deny ourselves pleasure? We may be waiting for the other shoe to drop, and this is a reminder to examine those fears.
In excess, we overindulge in that which brings us pleasure or satisfaction (in order to keep things bottled up? Or, out of selfishness, we satisfy only ourselves, unconcerned with the welfare of others.
Questions we may be prompted to consider when this card comes up include
- Are you preventing your personal growth in some way? How?
- Have you been complacent in your intentions? Why?
- Do you fear that your dreams will never be attained? What parts feed that fear?What can you do now to take a step in their direction?
- Do you overindulge, either as a way to avoid success or because you lack limits? How does that serve you?
- Are you concerned only with your own fulfillment?
What else? This card can be an emotional powerhouse and you may have other insights. How has it come up for you?